A somewhat comprehensive list of tools, apps, hardware, and more that I use on a daily basis to design and code things. And yeah, that is a Johnny Mnemonic GIF in the background.
- I use Visual Studio Code as my text editor, with the Atom One Dark theme and Operator Mono as my typeface of choice.
- Google Chrome is my main browser for both development and general use.
- For CSS I’ve used a myriad pre-processors and css-in-js solutions like styled-components, but these days I’m using vanilla CSS with PostCSS to get upcoming CSS features today.
- For building and testing UI components in isolation I use Storybook. Check out the storybook for this website.
- Figma is my primary tool for UI design these days. Made the switch from Sketch in 2020 and haven’t looked back.
- For image manipulation and processing I use Adobe Photoshop. When working with vectors, I use Adobe Illustrator.
- Any motion graphics I create are created in Adobe After Effects. So far I haven’t found a non-Adobe product that’s as good. If anyone has suggestions please message me.